N. Korea Working to Extend Sub Missile’s Range to Hit US

KOREA TIMES — North Korea will increase efforts to extend the range of its submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBM) to more than 2,000 kilometers in order to be capable of striking targets in the United States, experts said Monday.

The military regime is believed to have begun constructing a 3,000-ton submarine that could be equipped with at least three SLBMs, they said.

Pyongyang launched a ballistic missile from a 2,000-ton Sinpo-class submarine, Saturday. It claimed that it successfully launched the missile underwater, igniting its engine above the water’s surface and letting it fly.

The Ministry of National Defense said the test means that the Kim Jong-un regime has made progress in acquiring the technologies necessary to launch a missile from underwater.

Such technologies include “cold launch” technology — firing a missile out of the water to put it on a trajectory for hitting a designated target.

OBAMA MARCHES ARMED FORCES LEFTWARD — WASHINGTON TIMES

NORTH KOREA REPORTEDLY PUTS MEDIUM-RANGE MISSILE ON STANDBY FOR LAUNCH — FOX

NKOREA MISSILE PROGRAM MAY BE MORE ADVANCED THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT — MILCOM

DOD: RUSSIANS LIKELY TO BE TOLD WHERE US SPECIAL OPS WILL BE IN SYRIA — MILCOM

US FLIES F-22S TO ROMANIA AS SHOW OF STRENGTH TO RUSSIA — MILCOM

US WARNS NORTH KOREA OVER LATEST SUB-LAUNCHED MISSILE TEST — MILCOM

PENTAGON TO COUNTER HYPERSONIC MISSILES WITH LASERS — WASHINGTON TIMES

Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *