The spectacle of hundreds of illegal aliens toting Mexican flags while engaged in violent assaults against US citizen Donald Trump and his loyalists in California last week may have actually helped The Donald in his bid to be the GOP presidential!
Once again, the Latino proclivity to march, curse, and protest against their own best interests both puzzles and amuses.
Furthermore, such behavior makes it abundantly clear that many immigrants, including some here legally, need to grasp the following essential American truths, especially on Cinco de Mayo day:
*In 1848, The Treaty of Guadeloupe Hidalgo was ratified by both the U.S. and Mexican Congresses. That Treaty ended any and all claims Mexico had to land now a part of the United States.
• Native American Indians were the original owners of the American southwest. Were there were any valid property rights claims concerning that land, such rights would belong to Native American Indians, not Mexicans.
• America is a sovereign nation, totally independent of Mexico. It has been that way for over 200 years. We intend to keep it that way and with the help of President Trump will do just that!
• Brown may be the hue of choice in Mexico. But in America, we are partial to colors that symbolize freedom under the rule of law. That would be Red, White and Blue.
• In America, Mexico is considered a FOREIGN nation and Spanish is a FOREIGN language.
• America operates according to the rule of law which applies to everyone. This is true whether one is brown, black, yellow, lily-white, red, or an exotic hybrid of lavender and green.
• Being hard-working and good hearted is commendable. But those qualities do NOT entitle anyone to enter America illegally.
• Bilingualism is cool—provided one of the languages is English. Literacy in only Mexican and Spanish is not cool in America.
• Celebrating ones cultural heritage is perfectly fine–as long as it does not interfere with complete and prompt assimilation into American culture.
• Driving while loaded or drunk may be “macho” south of the border. But in America, driving under the influence is considered stupid and criminal and is not tolerated, regardless of one’s country of origin or cultural heritage.
• People here illegally are common criminals, and as such, are most unwelcome. American citizens will fight to have such miscreants deported, regardless of whether or not families are involved. Illegal is illegal, Family or not.
• Demanding that our borders be secured and that the law be enforced is the right of all American citizens; doing so does not make any one a racist or bigot.
• U.S. immigration laws exist to protect American citizens & others here legally, not to facilitate a foreigner’s pursuit of a better life, and
• Those who come to America must adjust to our culture and traditions. We have no obligation or desire to change in deference to foreign newcomers.
Illegal aliens: Take this list with you when you are deported back to Mexico, and share it with other Mexicans considering invading.
Your experience may cause them to reconsider, and that would be a good thing!
Happy May 5th!
John W. Lillpop
San Jose, California
• MEXICO CHANGES ITS TUNE ON TRUMP — THE HILL