CENTER FOR IMMIGRATION STUDIES — During a recent Senate hearing chaired by Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), Sen. Dan Coats (R-Ind.) focused on the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) support of identity theft by illegal aliens and the IRS’s total disregard for the American citizen victims of these crimes. Coats defined employment-related identity theft as occurring when someone uses another person’s identity — their name or their Social Security number (SSN) — to get a job illegally.
The hearing also exposed the failure of Congress to do anything to protect American citizens from massive illegal alien job-related identity theft, leading me to think that what needs to be done is to provide the Social Security numbers of all members of Congress plus the Social Security numbers of all IRS officials and their staffs to illegal aliens so they can file their taxes without stealing the identities of average American citizens.
IRS and Congress Encourage and Tolerate Illegal Alien, Job-Related Felonies
Three key points came from the interchange between Sen. Coates and IRS Commissioner John Koskinen.
1. The IRS encourages and facilitates the commission of job-related felonies, including Social Security fraud, forgery, perjury, and identity theft as long as these crimes are committed by illegal aliens and their employers.
2. The IRS places the interests of illegal aliens ahead of those of American citizens by forbidding its employees from notifying American citizens, including millions of American children, that their Social Security numbers are being fraudulently used by illegal aliens in spite of the fact that these Americans suffer serious harm.
3. Congress is complicit since it has long been aware of the problem but has done nothing to protect American citizens from illegal alien, job-related felonies. I wrote about this in 2009 in a CIS Backgrounder: Illegal, but not Undocumented: Identity Theft, Document Fraud, and Illegal Employment”, and yet like Captain Renault in the film classic, “Casablanca”, every time this comes up our elected officials all repeat in unison “I’m shocked, shocked to find that illegal alien driven identity theft is going on in here!”
IRS Does Not Notify Victims
• THE REAL COST OF OUTSOURCING — POLIZETTE
• AMERICAN FUTURE: 55 MILLION LATINOS IN U.S., ONE-THIRD UNDER 18 — WASHINGTON EXAMINER