Paris Terror Mastermind Planned More Attacks While in Hiding

BRUSSELS – The top suspect in last year’s Paris attacks told investigators after he was captured that he was planning new operations from Brussels and possibly had access to several weapons, Belgium’s foreign minister said Sunday.

Salah Abdeslam had claimed that “he was ready to restart something from Brussels, and it’s maybe the reality,” Foreign Minister Didier Reynders said.

Reynders gave credence to the suspect’s claim because “we found a lot of weapons, heavy weapons in the first investigations, and we have seen a new network of people around him in Brussels.”

Abdeslam, captured Friday in a police raid in Brussels, was charged Saturday with “terrorist murder” by Belgian authorities. He is a top suspect in the Nov. 13 attacks in Paris that left 130 people dead.

Abdeslam was wounded during the raid, and a senior Belgian police official said that he was shot in the leg as he ran toward officers outside an apartment in the Molenbeek neighborhood.

FBI FINDINGS IN CALIF. STABBING ATTACK CONTINUE PATTERN OF DOWNPLAYING TERROR, SAY CRITICS

FRANCE CARRIES OUT BIGGEST EVER CHEMICAL ATTACK DRILL AHEAD OF EURO 2016 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

ABDESLAM ABANDONED PLANS TO BE PARIS SUICIDE BOMBER, PROSECUTOR SAYS

CAPTURE OF PARIS ATTACK MASTERMIND A “MAJOR BLOW” TO ISIS

ABDESLAM SAYS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUICIDE BOMBER IN PARIS BUT BACKED OUT

WHY OBAMA RESISTED CALLING ISIS SLAUGHTER OF CHRISTIANS ‘GENOCIDE’

PALESTINIAN-AMERICAN WHO JOINED ISIS: I MADE A MISTAKE AND WOULD LIKE TO COME BACK TO AMERICA

Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *